If you think you know all there is to know about gum disease, then it’s time to find out. Knowing everything about gum disease can be quite beneficial, especially because it can help you prevent the problem as well as treat it immediately. Prevention and treatment are vital because gum disease is a very serious and dangerous dental issue. So, our dentist, Dr. George Yzaguirre, recommends testing your gum disease knowledge by taking the following quiz:
1. True or False: Gum disease is caused by plaque, tartar and poor oral hygiene.
2. True or False: Gum disease can be prevented by brushing twice a day, flossing daily and attending your routine dental checkups.
3. Gum disease can be treated by:
A. Scaling and root planing
B. Deep dental cleaning
C. Surgical treatment
D. All of the above
4. True or False: Gum disease has two different stages, gingivitis and periodontitis.
5. True or False: Gum disease can cause loose and lost teeth if it’s left untreated.
Call George Yzaguirre, DDS, PA, General Dentistry today at 361-431-3113 if you have any questions or if you would like to know more. Our dental team will be thrilled to tell you all about gum disease in Corpus Christi, Texas. We look forward to hearing from and helping you!