Dr. George Yzaguirre
About the Doctor
- Hometown: Corpus Christi, Texas
- Mary Carroll High School, 1988
- Del Mar College
- University of Texas at San Antonio – Biology
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio – Dental School (cum laude)
- University Hospital at San Antonio – Hospital Residency
- University Hospital Residency Training Experience
- General Dentistry – including oral surgical techniques (wisdom teeth) and minor gum surgery
- Medically compromised patients – including heart, liver, kidney, and lung transplant patients
- Emergency Room (on call) – treating severe dental infections and oral/facial trauma
- Operating Room – treating severe medically compromised patients under general anesthesia
- Intravenous Sedation – training in both hospital and private practice settings
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Advanced pain control and treating oral infections
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Nueces Valley District Dental Society
- Hispanic Dental Association
- Former Local Peer Review Committee and Mediator
- Academy of General Dentistry
Previous Work Experience
- Former public high school teacher: Ray High School, Tuloso-Midway Junior and High School
- Treating patients at Advanced General Dentistry Clinic – UTHSCSA
- Teaching/training senior dental students – University Hospital Dental Clinic
- Former Del Mar College Adjunct Instructor – General/Oral Pathology
- Current Part-time instructor for Implant Know-How – Live National Implant Course
Amanda – Head Dental Assistant
Amanda is a registered and certified dental assistant, and she has been a part of the George Yzaguirre DDS PA family since she graduated from the Del Mar College Dental Assisting program in 2006. Since joining our team, Amanda has been a great asset. She works hard to create a higher level of dental correction with genuine love, trust, and rapport with her patients. She loves the knowledge and experience each member of our team brings, as well as everyone’s ability to work together to achieve the same goal: to assist patients with treatments or concerns in a positive, friendly, and timely manner. Amanda likes to live her life by the motto: Making one person smile can change the world; maybe not the world, but their world.
Nichole – Treatment Coordinator
Nichole has been a member of our team since early 2016. She completed her certification to be a dental assistant in 2001 from San Antonio Community College. Nichole enjoys being with our practice because she has been given the opportunity to expand her knowledge in various aspects of the dental field. Because Nichole is a certified dental assistant, she is able to help patients understand what they need in order to accomplish their dental health goals. When she is not at the office, Nichole enjoys being outdoors and spending time with her family.
Veronica L – Hygiene Coordinator
Veronica joined our team in early 2017, and she already loves being part of our knowledgeable team! Veronica is very outgoing, and she does her best to stay positive and welcome patients with a smile. Every day, she strives to live by the words, “You can achieve optimal creativity and success if you feel that you are liked, supported, and respected by them.” Veronica has been happily married for 23 years, and she has two daughters, Brittany and Briana.
Veronica O – Financial Manager
Veronica joined our practice family in 2004. She enjoys working with a doctor who is constantly learning and advancing his skills to better help our patients. As our financial manager, Veronica helps our patients get the treatment they need while also staying in their budget. She wants to make sure that our patients maintain their healthy dental state.
We invite you to contact our office today at 361-431-3113 to schedule your comprehensive exam with our skilled and experienced dentist.